How long will it take?
It usually takes between 5 and 10 minutes to complete a report to Operation Crackdown.
What information will you need to provide?
About the vehicle
We will ask you for:
- Details of the type of vehicle (car, van, motorbike etc),
- Make, model and colour of the vehicle
- The condition of the vehicle
- The vehicle registration number (licence plate) if it has one
- Whether or not it is displaying a current tax disc
- A picture, if possible – if you can take a digital picture of the vehicle, please
use our image upload facility to send it to us in .jpg format no bigger than 500
About the location
- Please give as much information as you can about the location - we will use this
to find and inspect the vehicle.
- Our online map will help you pinpoint the area - clicking on the map will automatically
enter a map reference.
- Please also add written details describing the road and any obstacles to reaching
The last page asks for contact information about you - but this will only be used
if the investigating official has any questions about the vehicle or location. Your
contact details will be treated in confidence and removed after the case is resolved.
"I am really pleased that the abandoned vehicle I reported was removed so quickly
Member of the public